Saturday, June 5, 2010

Remember when...2010

I am now graduated. What the heck?! When did I get so old? I still feel like such a little kid. I remember looking at all the seniors when i was younger thinking "Wow, I can't wait to be like them. They are so freaking cool!" But I look at myself now and don't see myself like the kids I used to look up to. And I'm kinda scared now that I don't have school in my life. What am I going to do with my life? And how am I going to do it? I finally have to grow up...but what if I don't want to?




Graduation was long and boring. No one even pulled a prank to keep us entertained. Come on people!! That dumb hat wouldn't stay on my head. Who ever decided that putting a plate on the top of your head was a good idea, is a moron. Walking up and getting my name called was interesting. There's usually three kinds of people at graduation. There are the kids who when their name gets called you hear a few claps and woo hoos, mostly from parents. Then there is the kids who when their name is called you get a little louder with the claps and a few kids yell their name out. Then there are the kids, who when their names are called, everyone claps and cheers and people scream their names. When they called my name, there were a lot of people who screamed and clapped for me and it was a lot louder than I expected. The one voice that i heard the most was of course Shaun's. I'm standing on the big green X and i hear "WOOOOO KYLEE KATE!!! GO KYLEE KATE!!! I LOVE YOU KYLEE!!" Right away i knew it was Shaun cuz, honestly, no one else is capable of being that loud. Every one laughed and i turned my usual bright red and i gave an awkward wave and walked across the stage to shake the peoples hands. As i was walking down the ramp to go back to my seat, there was Shaun. Sitting right in the front row. I shook my head at him and he yelled "WHAT UP KYLEE KATE! WHAT UP GIRL!! YEAAAAAAH!" everyone laughed and i turned even more bright red. Leave it up to Shaun. We've been friends since atleast 5th grade and he's always thought doing that to me was funny. Cuz let's face it, I'm not one who likes a ton of attention. Thank you Shaun. I know there is a reason you're my best friend...sometimes i just can't remember why haha :)

The school had the big senior graduation party that night. Started at 10:30 pm and went until 5:30 am. The party was a lot better than i thought it would be. I found out i suck at sumo suit 'swrestling. As soon as Lexie hit me with her stomach, i would just fall straight back like a retarded tree. The bungee racing was hilarious and i got some sweet rug burns from it. Soooooo much food and so little room to put it. I think that hands down, the best part of the night was the hypnotist. He had about 40 or so people in front of us. The funniest people to watch were Wyatt, Tyler and Ryan. This show went on for a really long time and no one wanted it to end. At one point, the hypnotist (Tracy) had Ryan convinced that he wanted to change his name to Shaniqua. He then had him call his mom at 4:00 am and tell her that he was changing her name. Every time he said 'Shaniqua' Ryan would give him a big smile and a thumbs up. When Ryan talked, he didn't sound at all like himself. But the best part of the night was when He had Wyatt and Ryan dance together. I don't know if i have laughed that hard before. Then they finally made him end the show so they could do the raffle. Boring. But I did win a $25 card to american eagle.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=718819058&ref=sgm#!/video/video.php?v=10150183793280015&ref=mf
That's the video of them dancing. So ridiculous!

It's now summer and I wish some things were different. I wish i had a job. I wish Dallin and I would start talking more. Or atleast see each other more than once every two months... And i wish i had done more in high school. But i'm still mostly happy. Just bored and only kinda sad. But it will hopefully get better, right?
No more softball this summer. So all my days are pretty much free. I don't know what i'm going to do with myself. I thought i would be playing softball, but now i wont be. I also thought i would be hanging out with Dallin a lot. But i dont see that happening much. Maybe i just need to get a job and work all the time to keep things off my mind. Plus i will have money. I guess that is always a bonus.

No comments: