Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Life is a Hole...DIG IT


My last post I talked about promises, and since then, I have made a huge effort to keep my word. And so far, I've done really well. Just by keeping simple promises, i've noticed that people around me are much happier. The promises i was really wanting to be kept by my friends didn't happen, but oh well. I had fun.

My birthday was on saturday. Friday night, Celeste, Kyle and I went to a bonfire out in the west desert. We were invited by out friends Benny and Dave. A big group of people came and most of them turned out to be really awesome people. At first, we were attacked by crazy bugs. They bit and flew into your face and basically were out to drive you nuts if you were anywhere near the fire. But after about an hour or so, they went away and we were able to play around the fire. The guys had brought big wooden pallets to burn, and when they would put them on the fire, Benny would hop on it and dance. I don't think i have ever laughed so hard at someone while they were dancing inside of a fire. After a while i got a text telling me happy birthday and i realized it was midnight. Holy crap, I had just turned 18. Later we all sat in a circle and played the sound game (funniest game i have ever played. holy heck.) Then right before we left everyone found out it was my birthday so a big group of random people sang me happy birthday while i stood there awkwardly and tried not to run away. We finally got home and i crashed. Later, i woke up around 2 p.m. (nice way to waste my birthday) But then Sara picked me up and we went to gateway and we saw Despicable Me. Great, great movie. Super fantastic! Then she passed me off to Kelsie who took me to eat dinner at Rumbi. I had never been there before and it was pretty dang good! Then i headed over to Celeste's to hang out with her and Maddi. We went to Albertson and they made me pick some kind of treat because i hadn't had cake for my birthday. I couldn't decide cuz honestly, i didn't really care what we got, im happy with anything. (I was laughing cuz while i was trying to decide i heard Celeste tell Maddi (correction, I guess it was Maddi who told Celeste, haha) how i wasn't much of a decider. I never choose. I'm just not a chooser. Ever. haha So after i picked a bowl of little mini brownie bite things we headed over to Maddi's house. It was really weird going there because the house that is right next to hers/behind hers is my old step grandpa's house where i had spent A LOT of time there with my family when i was a kid. We headed up to Maddi's cool little loft and we watched Red Eye and Psych. Before we watched the movie, Maddi came up with the bowl of mini brownies and she had but a little tea candle on top of it. I didn't know if i should laugh or cry. Out of all the things that people had done for me that day, for some reason, this was the best. The nicest. And the most awesome. I seriously felt like i was going to explode from happiness. I was super irritated at some one at that moment but i was still so happy that it wasn't too bad.
The tiny little candle on top of the brownie bowl made me think about how it felt like everything in my life was falling into place even though it might seem at times like it was falling apart. I was with two of the greatest people ever. They had put a candle on a pile of brownies to be funny, yet it was the best thing that had happened all day. I need to look at life more closely and see the tiny candle on top of my brownie bowl in every situation.
I've been so focused on being frustrated that its like i forgot how to be happy! I would look at things or people that would have normally caught my eye and just thought "Meh, I don't care any more" But, im done with that!

Life is a hole.... DIG IT!

I love being happy. But, who doesn't? I love noticing things and people and having that make me overly happy. Like this guy. He's tall, dark and gorgeous. Plays guitar and sings. In the words of Celeste "I'm suuuper attracted to him" (I wish it was funny when i say it, cuz when she says it it's freaking hilarious.) I notice the lyrics to songs again. They aren't just rhyming words. Goll, I love music. Music is what feelings sound like! (Ben Folds is a genius) I like noticing the sky...It's always so pretty. No matter what time of day. And how super clean my room is. Or noticing how late it is and that i need to go to bed...

1 comment:

Clestial said...

I'm glad dorky moments make you insightful. :)

Also, I'm pretty sure it was Maddi that told ME you weren't a decider. I then proceeded to say "I know. I like to force her to decide."

yep. that sounds about right.