Friday, May 7, 2010

It's official. The "bucket lists" are being made!

Summer defined by the dictionary : the period of finest development, perfection, or beauty previous to any decline

Every summer, Lindsley and I write our SUMMER BUCKET lists. It's basically a list of the things that we want to get done before our summer "kicks the bucket". But every summer, we write a few things down, get only a few of them done, and then forget about the whole thing until we find our lists around the time that school starts. It's always disappointing. This is the summer after senior year. The summer before college. This is OUR summer. So, our goal is to have the lists written before school ends and then all through the summer, we will be helping each other check things off! Keep in mind, this list has no profound meaning. Some of these things...okay A LOT of these things are just plain silly and will most likely not happen. But that's the fun. It may be ridiculous, but its something to work for, laugh at, and smile about.
So far, this is what my Summer Bucket List looks like:

-Soap up the three fountains
-Go on a date to Lagoon (always though that would be the best date)
-Get a kiss in the rain (not just any random kiss. a meaningful one)
-Go skydiving
-Visit (bodacious!) Brad in Arizona
-Read the Book of Mormon all the way through again
-Walk on the beach in the moonlight
-Have a paint my house party
-Work and save up my money
-Be nicer to my sisters and brother
-Appreciate my parents more
-Play for All Stars
-Go on a date to temple square
-Make a few awesome music videos
-Learn to do some legit tricks on the trampoline like Joseph and his brother

3 comments:

Clestial said...

I think all of those things are possible. Count me in. :)

Katie Robertson said...

I am now stalking you. Hello friend. (Could I sound anymore creepy? At this point, probably not :P) Ummm, skydiving? Pretty sure I'm gonna be planning my annual group dive sometime roundabouts September and I'll definitely make sure you get in on that. Deal? Good. Celeste better be coming too. She came last time and it was a blast.

Kyleekate said...

Oh Katie...I'm very happy that you are stalking me! haha. And yes. I most definitely want to come with you when you go!