Friday, September 10, 2010

Again With the Thinking of My Brain...


I've been thinking lately... Is it better to wear your heart on your sleeves, or should you hold back and wait to see what happens. Only letting a little out at a time? I'm not one to really put my feelings out there. I feel like if i do, i'd scare people away. But I got an email from a friend the other day. They told me a few things that made me think...

#1: If you need and answer, ask a question. You deserve to know what's going on in any situation.

#2: Don't let your self be left in the dark. Let people know that you're not going to sit around and wait for them to take action.

#3: Don't settle for any less than you deserve. You're completely unique, and that makes you amazing. There's only a handful of people in the world that deserve your attention, so give it wisely.

#4: Don't be so shy. People love you when they know you. So how can anyone get to know you if you hold back?

#5: Be yourself at all times. Like I said, you are unique, which makes you amazing. You shine like no one else, so let everyone see it.

So maybe i need to be a bit more forward at times. Which could be a huge challenge because i'm not forward at all. I'm shy, quiet and sarcastic. Which is actually a dangerous mix i've realized, because some people can't tell when i'm joking... So I think there is a good balance of wearing your heart on your sleeves and holding back. What do you think? I think letting people know how you feel is a great thing to do. But don't be creepy. Cuz once you cross the creepy line, there really isn't a point of return.

So i guess my goal for the week is to be more forward. Let's see if i can handle it.

No comments: