Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"Superman"

My dear friend Ashlee Malia is kind of a big deal. So, together we wrote this song on my guitar! It was written about someone specific, but now it can just be a song I guess...


"Superman"

I need you to rescue me
Because I am falling helplessly
Head over heels for you
I know I'm falling way too fast
But I hope these butterflies will last
I can't get enough of you

So catch me before I hit the ground
Because once I'm lost, I won't be found
You hold my heart in your hands
I'm begging you to understand
I need my superman

I hope that you're listening
Closely to the words I sing
Because they are meant for you
I'm praying that you'll be the one
Who rescues me when I've come undone
The only one I want is you

Oh my head spins and my knees go weak
Sometimes I can barley speak
You've got a hold on me
But it's your turn to close your eyes
And picture me under deep blue skies
And wish with all your heart I was yours

Please say you'll catch me before I hit the ground
Because once I'm lost, I won't be found
Don't break my heart, it's in your hands
Why is it so hard to understand
I need my superman
Why won't you be my superman

No comments: