Thursday, July 8, 2010

Go Karts



Have you ever been go karting? If the answer is NO, then you should. If the answer is YES then you're awesome.

Today was Sara's birthday. So me and her took a trip down to Gateway and played around in every store and the fountain. We got a free snow cone (Thanks Jael) then went over to temple square. A very cute guy and two girls walked up to us and asked if we would take a quick survey for them. Sure why not. The boy was very cute but then we realized that the survey and the questions they were asking us were bashing on the LDS church. Not cool. Peace out not-so-hot-anymore guy. Sara's papa works in the church office building so we ventured over there and he showed us around and had us meet and talk to everyone. We found out there are way to many people in his office that want to Dutch to win the world cup. Boo. GO SPAIN! Sara danced because well...She's Sara, and it was her birthday.

Reed (her boyfriend) and I got together a cool surprise for her. He took her to dinner (like a good boyfriend should) and then he drove her to Fast Karts. 1st surprise: Go karts! 2nd surprise: Kylee is here! We raced for about a half an hour with another couple that was there. It kind felt weird for me cuz we tried to get more of Sara's friends to come go karting but no one could. So it was me Sara&Reed and then the other couple. It's like i was the fourth wheel. But oh well, I couldn't do much about that.

Go karts in real life are a lot harder to drive than Mario Kart. But once I got the hang of it i rocked. Going fast is a thrill and sliding around the corners and almost dying is a rush. The girl from the other couple was a TERRIBLE driver. She went SUPER slow and so of course i always got stuck behind her. She always spun out and would just sit there. One time i accidentally ran into the back of her kart and she flew into a got stuck in the wall. Hahaha. I felt bad, but it was really funny. We also got to wear awesome motorcycle type helmets so i felt like a BAMF. After our racing was over, we said goodbye. I left and Sara and Reed went off and did whatever boyfriends and girlfriends do when it's their birthday. I would go to twirly park...but that's just me. When i started to drive me car it felt really funny. The gas was really easy to push on and the steering wheel was super easy to turn. I found myself going 20 over the speed limit. Oops. Didn't get caught though.

I got really bored after that because well, it's summer and you're supposed to hang out with friends during the summer. So i called Kortney up but she didn't answer. I assume she is with Davis again. So i called Heather. She was with Zack up in Lehi. *sigh* boyfriends. So now I sit here writing about how awesome go karts are. Because really, it was awesome. But kinda expensive. 30 bucks for one person for a half hour. Ouch.

Welp, goodnight world. I think more people should call me so we can hang out. Lagoon is AWESOME this time of year. And I will go on any ride.

2 comments:

Clestial said...

I'm up for lagoon. :D

Also.. wouldn't you have been a 5th wheel? I mean.. if you were a fourth, you would have had a partner.. :)

You're so FREAKING AWESOME! I just can't get over it sometimes.

Katie Robertson said...

You have Love Today as one of the songs on your playlist. You have seriously risen in awesomeness. 100 super cool points to you!