Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dreaming of an Angel

A little while ago i ended up crushing on a guy. He's the one who asked me to Junior Prom. He was awesome and just an all around fun guy. He later turned out to be kind of a big jerk. We would hang out and talk and just have fun. But then he stopped talking to me and i couldn't figure out why. I kept having these dreams about him that were driving me crazy, so i wrote this about them to see if writing it down would get it off my mind.



"Dreaming of an Angel"

It's hard enough not knowing
What he thinks and how he feels
My heart beats faster than i can think
Could this dream of mine be real?
He starts out with that smile
Oh how that smile just makes me weak
As he sits down next to me
I lose the ability to speak
He's the answer to my prayers
So i quickly say "amen"
I can't sit here in silence
And watch him pass by again
His smile, so bright
His eyes, so deep
One glimpse of them
Makes me heart leap
Not sure if i should do this
Will he catch me if i fall?
Should i put my heart out on my sleeves
And simply risk it all?
But i already feel myself falling
I speed up i can't slow down
I stare into his deep green eyes
And i feel my head spin 'round
Now he leans in closer
And then so do i
For a brief and glorious moment
His perfect lips touch mine
My eyes can see the sparks
And then my heart takes wings
Everything in life seems calm
I love this joy he brings
But then i wake up with a start
Not filled with his joy
But with a broken heart
It was all a dream
Now i just long for him more
Will i ever get this angel
That i can't help but adore?

No comments: